Updated: Apr 1
As a parent, you may often find yourself trying to create fun, exciting and dynamic playrooms or play areas within your home. It’s important for children to have a special place within their house where they feel entirely comfortable and able to express themselves freely. In their early years, children develop at a rapid rate, so a specific playroom or play area will encourage them to develop their motor skills, literacy skills and numeracy skills at their own pace and while surrounded by a comfortable atmosphere.
At Creative Play Resources, we have a range of educational toys for toddlers and educational toys for kids to help children with learning and play at home. Below are just a few tips for creating the perfect playroom in your home, and you can find all the mentioned materials and tools in our online store.
1. Fill the room with educational toys and resources. Toys, books and equipment will help to encourage creativity and play. Some materials you might want to start with include dot markers, safety scissors, little brian paint sticks, some games and puzzles, and some art and craft materials.
2. Purchase age-appropriate furniture for the room. High quality children’s furniture will ensure your playroom is safe, practical and modern. It will also help your children feel most comfortable and welcomed. A low table and chairs are a great place to start. You might also like to have a kids art easel to encourage drawing and painting for your child.
3. Make the space cosy with rugs, carpet and pillows. Soft flooring will offer safety and comfort to your children. Rugs are often favoured by most parents because they can easily be removed and replaced if they get damaged or stained. Wooden educational toys are especially good for creating a cosy atmosphere.
4. Include some open space. While furniture is important, it’s also a good idea to have some open space where your children can spread out games, engage with arts and crafts, and build/construct things.
5. Have a wide range of toys and educational resources for your kids. All children are different, so there is no one-size-fits-all toy or game. For example, there is a big difference between baby educational toys and those suited to the development of older age groups. When purchasing arts and crafts, you might like to shop with your children so they can experience shopping and make selections that they would like the most.
6. Be creative when selecting colours and décor for the room. You want to encourage creativity from your children, so it’s important that you are creative when styling the playroom. Use bold colours, unusual patterns and crafty designs to demonstrate to your children that anything is possible.
For more help with playroom equipment and educational toys for your children, read our latest blog articles: What are the best games for kids and what are the benefits of art and craft experiences for children?
You may also like How To Build Your Preschoolers Numeracy Skills